Mar 16, 2010

Aaaaahhhhhhh finally!!

Finally got myself a semi decent laptop for work a couple of days ago.  An ASUS with i5 processor and 4gb ram, which actually honks along ok with Windows 7 Ultimate. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium with a shit load of bloatware. So I uninstalled it all and chucked Ultimate on. Instantly heaps quicker without all the factory bullshit on it. Basically got it so I can go around Real Estate agencies and show them the www.signsales.com.au software so I can get them on board with me as their photographer. Things should go really well pretty soon. I'm just busy trying to iron out bugs in the software at the moment with the software engineer who has built the program.
My wireless internet USB should be here in a day or 2 and then I can start approaching a few agencies slowly. Don't want to go full on until the bugs are all gone, cos there is still a few which will affect the user in there at the moment.
I managed to get the laptop on a system over here called 'iRent' which basically means I can update my PC every 18 months and right it all of to tax. Pretty sick really. After 6 months of being a good payer, I can start doing the same thing with my cameras too.

No comments:

Post a Comment